Saturday, January 12, 2013

Sovereignty

This morning as I awoke, God was still working on me.  I still felt in awe of His majesty, and I wanted to tell Him so.  Often I talk to Him as I would another person, casually and relaxed.  But today I felt the need to go beyond that.  Not only is He my best friend, He is God!  He is the Creator of the earth and all living things, and the entire universe!  He the One who set it all in motion.  He could snuff out my life with only a thought far quicker and more effectively than a boy squashing a bug between his fingers.  He is All Powerful, Almighty, and All Sovereign.
When I began looking at Him as God, and not only my Friend I felt so small.  All the knowledge that I could muster wouldn't even be a droplet in comparison to His vast ocean of knowledge.  How could I have ever questioned HIM?
So, as I prayed this morning, I acknowledged His sovereignty.  I let Him know that I see Him not only as my Friend, but as my God and the Creator of this vast universe.  WOW.  It's really not just to try to document this special time.  It was so sacred, so holy.  HOLY, HOLY, HOLY is the LORD GOD ALMIGHTY!  WHO WAS, AND IS, AND IS TO COME!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment